AVReporter as a must have tool in the ISO 50001
2012. 7. 13
The solution ISO 50001 is providing a complex management strategy to public and private sector organizations enabling them to reduce costs, increase energy efficiency and improve energy performance.
The aim of the standard is to offer organizations a recognized framework whereby they can integrate energy performance into their management practices.
Achieving a harmonized standard of implementation even across multinational organizations using a logical and consistent methodology to identify and implement improvements.
According to the official publications the standard is intended to accomplish the following:
„- Assist organizations in making better use of their existing energy consuming assets
- Create transparency and facilitate communication on the management of energy resources
- Promote energy management best practices and reinforce good energy management behaviours
- Assist facilities in evaluating and prioritizing the implementation of new energy-efficient technologies
- Provide a framework for promoting energy efficiency throughout the supply chain
- Facilitate energy management improvements for greenhouse gas emission reduction projects
- Allow integration with other organizational management systems such as environmental, and health and safety.”
The ISO 50001 has been designed to fit the needs and demands of any organization, regardless to its size or activities, geographical location and if they are involved in the public or the private sectors.
By implementing ISO 50001 users can establish a baseline and then improve on this at the right speed according to its context and capacities.
The Plan-Do-Check-Act forces users into a process for continual improvement on their energy management system.
„ISO 50001 provides a framework of requirements enabling organizations to:
• Develop a policy for more efficient use of energy
• Fix targets and objectives to meet the policy
• Use data to better understand and make decisions concerning energy use and consumption
• Measure the results
• Review the effectiveness of the policy
• Continually improve energy management.”
Its methodological process is as follows:
„- Plan : conduct the energy review and establish the baseline, energy performance indicators (EnPIs), objectives, targets and action plans necessary to deliver results in accordance with opportunities to improve energy performance and the organization’s energy policy.
- Do : implement the energy management action plans.
- Check : monitor and measure processes and the key characteristics of its operations that determine energy performance against the energy policy and objectives and report the results.
- Act: take actions to continually improve energy performance…etc.”
AVReporter Energy Management Software is designed to record measurements, monitor the tendencies of key indicators, create reports providing an outstanding and flexible analytical tool serving the „CHECK” requirements of the ISO 50001 in determining the energy performance against the energy policy and objectives, reporting, recording and storing the results, aiding the strict documentation policy.
Due to its very sophisticated and detailed reporting facility AVReporter can be used on many different levels within an organisation. Different values, reports and analytical information will be needed and monitored by top level management, by the engineers and by the energy managers- AVReporter’s flexible customisation fully supports this demand .
For more information on AVReporter Energy Management Software, please click here.